Tuesday, February 17, 2009

{zumba}

Tonight I tried out Zumba for the first time. Have you ever done it? It's pretty intense! It's like a salsa/mambo/hip hop work out! I was never a dancer growing up. Yes, I loved going dancing with my friends, but I pretty much stuck to the two-step and occasionally dabbled in a few fancy moves such as the lawn mower and the sprinkler. Picture Kevin James dancing in Hitch. Now picture me doing the same moves...exactly! I can shake my hips like it's nobodies business, but when it comes to moving my feet one way, and doing another thing with my arms, things get scary! It was still a lot of fun, and I decided, I want to look like the girl teaching the class. Woad...that sounded a little creepy, but you know what I mean. As women, we are constantly comparing our bodies to other women, and she happened to have a great one! Ha ha! She was curvy, yet fit and solid! My goal is to just get back in shape, and hopefully in the process, I'll look a little more fit and solid too! No more jiggly bits! Ha! Here's a little video to show you what Zumba is and to give you an idea of what I did!




P.S. The gal teaches class Wednesday nights at 7:00, and Friday mornings at 7:30. Anyone want to try it out with me?

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

Man, I'd suck so bad at that!

Derek and Jannette said...

where does she teach at?