Sunday, August 24, 2008

{goal!}

My friend Lisa is starting to train for the BYU Homecoming 5k on October 15th and I'm going to do it with her! Anyone want to join us? Let me know!
I've done two 5k's my whole life- one was many moons ago when I worked at the design firm and the other was the Race For the Cure. Both were fun, but I was a lot thinner and in better shape when I did them!

Now, to some of you a 5k is nothing, however for someone who hasn't run in over a year, it'll be a challenge! But there's nothing like a goal to keep you on track!
P.S. I'm thinking of posting my weight on here, and every week, posting what I've lost or gained...what do you think? I'm not sure I'm brave enough to show the whole world wide web my digits!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this blog! I signed up for the sprint triathlon at the end of September (though who's kidding who, I won't be sprinting.. just surviving)

Lisa K said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're doing this with me!!

Michelle Day said...

I am supporting you and when I drop this baby, I will be glad to run with you!!

sarah marie p said...

Wowzers! That is so very, very cool that you signed up for the 5K! I am very, very impressed! Go Shan!!!

also known as shell said...

LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG WOMAN

and LISA is the best to run with ever!!!

and believe me posting your true weight is hard to do. Do it if you want because I felt for me it helped just putting it out there. but at the same time it was hard to do.