Tuesday, January 3, 2012

{damn you holiday treats!}

hello blog- it's been a few weeks!
I'm doing well- not as well as I could be- due to the plethora of holiday junk food around the office and goodies from neighbors, my pants are a bit more snug. I think I put on about 4 lbs over the holidays...not too bad considering, but still- a bit of a set back and enough to make me feel discouraged! 

I was at home the other day, organizing (one of my many new years resolutions) and I had the Taio Cruz station on Pandora. The music got me so pumped up that I began to choreograph my own little dance/kickbox routine and got my heart rate up for a bit. I started thinking about how fun it would be to be a kickboxing instructor, although given my lack of coordination when it comes to dancing, I probably wouldn't make a very good one. Maybe I could just lead a group of people in crazy dance/random movement!

Anyway, it's January 3rd. Today, eating habits weren't the greatest. Andrew's mom is in the hospital for a hip replacement so we're going to see her tonight, but when we get home, I'm going for a walk/jog. Something to get my heart rate up. 

How many of you go to the gym during your lunch hour? Thankfully, I work somewhere that I can wear jeans or even my workout clothes if I want to. I think I'll go to the gym during lunch. The more calories burned, the better, right?

No comments: